SNS-Always
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you want some fun!! This is the place to be.. Psping World - We have lotss of games and tag/forumset/timeline offers that you can request

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using @ to notify members of tags for them

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kat4evr

Kat4evr

Using @ to notify members of tags for them Empty
PostSubject: Using @ to notify members of tags for them    Using @ to notify members of tags for them EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Forumotion has set-up a new "mention tagging" system for our forums.

1- What is the purpose mention tag ?

It helps members to tag other members by using @username

It gives you the ability to identify and reference people in a post.

So when you make a post with tags for members: @username (EXAMPLE: @Kat4evr) My name becomes a link. People can click on that link and go directly to the post where you put it. 

This will NOTIFY the member that a tag is waiting or they need to come see this post

**You can see the Notifications arrow up/down at the Top right of the forum, next to where it says Welcome and your name - just click the arrow**

Have the arrow pointing UP then you will see all the Notifications

Click and you will see all your notifications. (tags to tell you to go check)

NOW for this to work, you will need to do the following steps:

If you do not do the following you will NOT get a notification for a tag or post.

1. Go to your profile

2. Click on notifications

3. Check the *Your user name tagged in a topic* (Put checkmark in On Toolbar bos or you can put in Email if you prefer to get an email about it, or both.  I just use On Toolbar for most things.)

4. SAVE

So now you do not need to send a private message to  the member just type the @username at the top or bottom of the post!!!  (But if a tag has been sitting FOREVER then do send a PM to them!)

Such an awesome feature.

If you need any help, please feel free to ask and I will try.

Please note:
I
f you have a username with a space (such as kim_gilman  or special characters, you must add " " After the @ and at the end of the name-so for Kim you would type @"kim_gilmani" with the quote marks after the @ sign. Numbers are ok and don't need the quote marks such at @Kat4evr. Another name that would need it is @"Rona.j". That's because of the . after the a and before the j. So special characters would be . , ^ * & # ♥ ♣ • ○ ♠ ☼ and so on.
Feel free to test it my tagging me or any of the mods to check it out. This only works on Posts though
Back to top Go down

Using @ to notify members of tags for them
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SNS-Always :: ☺ Welcome to SNS Always ☺ :: Announcements-
Jump to: